What did you say about my mother? (10/2007)
Most of this list is pretty obvious, as every other website on the planet has posted damn near the same titles, but who cares. This is the list of films I am going to watch (or already have watched) around the Halloween season, and a quote that makes them so damn memorable.
- The Exorcist (William Friedkin, 1973) – “Your mother sucks cocks in Hell, Karras, you faithless slime.”
- The Thing (John Carpenter, 1982) – “We’re going out to give Blair the test. If he tries to make it back here and we’re not with him… burn him.”
- Friday the 13th Part 3 (Steve Miner, 1982) – “Well first we take our clothes off, then you get on top of me or I can get on top of you.”
- Frankenstein (James Whale, 1931) – “You have created a monster, and it will destroy you!”
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Tobe Hooper, 1974) – “My family’s always been in meat.”
- Nightmare on Elm Street (Wes Craven, 1984) – “He’s been in the John pukin’ since he saw it.”
- The Wolf Man (George Waggner, 1941) – “You’re the gypsy that’s been filling his mind with this werewolf nonsense!”
- Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks, 1974) – “Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide gorilla?”
- Nosferatu (F.W. Murnau, 1922) – “It will cost you sweat and tears, and perhaps… a little blood.”
- Evil Dead II (Sam Raimi, 1987) – “Your love was a lie and now she burns in hell!”
- Halloween (John Carpenter, 1978) – “Death has come to your little town, Sheriff.”
- Child’s Play (Tom Holland, 1988) – “You stupid bitch! You filthy slut! I’ll teach you to fuck with me!”
What are you watching this festive season?