I think this is going to be a new favorite subject of mine – crazy song titles. Yesterday’s entry about Anal Cunt really got me thinking, “What other band has awesomely awesome song titles?” Then I remembered a little band called Cannibal Corpse. They ran the death metal scene in the early-to-mid 90s. Why do I know that? I am not too sure. Actually, anyone who has seen Tom Shadyac’s Ace Ventura: Pet Detective knows them too; the film featured them performing their immortal tune entitled “Hammer Smashed Face.”
In an ironic twist of fate, A.C. lead singer Seth Putnam and Corpse’s ex-singer Chris Barnes are involved in a little feud. Putnam even wrote a song about him for Anal Cunt called “Chris Barnes is a Pussy.” They are like the Jay Z and Nas or Biggie and Tupac of Metal.
Amazon has been a big help too. If it weren’t for their amazing catalog, I’d be rummaging their collection at Best Buy and that would take forever. So big props to them. And as with Anal Cunt, it’s really hard to narrow down their selection of great song titles to just 10, so I decided to give these masters of violence 15 chances to rock your mind. Grab your barf bags.
No Flowers Today (10/2007)
Here are my picks for the 15 Best Cannibal Corpse Songs:
15. “Edible Autopsy” from the album Eaten Back to Life
14. “I Cum Blood” from the album Tomb of the Mutilated
13. “Dismembered and Molested” from the album Gallery of Suicide
12. “Compelled to Lacerate” from the album Gore Obsessed
11. “A Skull Full of Maggots” from the album Eaten Back to Life
10. “Rotted Body Landslide” from the album The Wretched Spawn
9. “Force Fed Broken Glass” from the album The Bleeding
8. “Hacksaw Decapitation” from the album Bloodthirst
7. “Orgasm Through Torture” from the album Vile
6. “Post Mortal Ejaculation” from the album Tomb of the Mutilated
5. “Necropedophile” from the album Tomb of the Mutilated
4. “Entrails Ripped from a Virgin’s Cunt” from the album Tomb of the Mutilated
3. “Mummified in Barbed Wire” from the album Vile
2. “Fucked with a Knife” from the album The Bleeding
1. “Meat Hook Sodomy” from the album Butchered at Birth
Again, I highly encourage you to look through their catalog. Their song titles (and album cover art) should not be missed by anyone.